Subject: [PATCH mlx5-next 00/11] Convert mlx5 to use auxiliary bus

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 13:18:38 +0200

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>

Hi,

This patch set converts mlx5 driver to use auxiliary bus [1].

In this series, we are connecting three subsystems (VDPA, netdev and
RDMA) through mlx5_core PCI driver. That driver is responsible to create
proper devices based on supported firmware.

First four patches are preparitions and fixes that were spotted during
code development, rest is the conversion itself.

Thanks

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]

Leon Romanovsky (11):
  net/mlx5: Don't skip vport check
  net/mlx5: Properly convey driver version to firmware
  net/mlx5_core: Clean driver version and name
  vdpa/mlx5: Make hardware definitions visible to all mlx5 devices
  net/mlx5: Register mlx5 devices to auxiliary virtual bus
  vdpa/mlx5: Connect mlx5_vdpa to auxiliary bus
  net/mlx5e: Connect ethernet part to auxiliary bus
  RDMA/mlx5: Convert mlx5_ib to use auxiliary bus
  net/mlx5: Delete custom device management logic
  net/mlx5: Simplify eswitch mode check
  RDMA/mlx5: Remove IB representors dead code

 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/counters.c         |   7 -
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/ib_rep.c           | 113 ++--
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/ib_rep.h           |  45 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/main.c             | 148 +++--
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/mlx5_ib.h          |   4 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/Kconfig   |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/dev.c | 504 ++++++++++--------
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/devlink.c |   4 +-
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_ethtool.c  |   4 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_main.c | 135 ++---
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_rep.c  |  42 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_rep.h  |   6 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_tc.c   |   8 +-
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/esw/devlink_port.c     |   2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/eswitch.c |  28 +-
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/eswitch_offloads.c     |   6 +
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/ipoib/ethtool.c        |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/lag.c |  58 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/main.c    |  43 +-
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/mlx5_core.h   |  28 +-
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/Makefile                    |   2 +-
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/net/main.c                  |  76 ---
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/net/mlx5_vnet.c             |  55 +-
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/net/mlx5_vnet.h             |  24 -
 include/linux/mlx5/driver.h                   |  36 +-
 include/linux/mlx5/eswitch.h                  |   8 +-
 .../linux/mlx5/mlx5_ifc_vdpa.h                |   6 +-
 27 files changed, 731 insertions(+), 664 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/net/main.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/net/mlx5_vnet.h
 rename drivers/vdpa/mlx5/core/mlx5_vdpa_ifc.h => include/linux/mlx5/mlx5_ifc_vdpa.h (97%)

--
2.26.2