Subject: Re: [PATCH] mdio: use inline functions for to_mdio_device() etc

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 20:20:58 +0100

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 05:51:09PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

..

> Redefine the macros in linux/mdio.h as inline functions to avoid this
> problem.
> 
> Fixes: a9049e0c513c ("mdio: Add support for mdio drivers.")
> Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

Hi Arnd

It is nice to have the additional type checking.

Since you added a Fixes: tag, do you want this in stable?
netdev puts into the Subject line the tree it is intended for:

[PATCH net v1]

or

[PATCH net-next v1]

Anyway:

Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>

    Andrew