Subject: Re: [PATCH] sctp: Fix COMM_LOST/CANT_STR_ASSOC err reporting on big-endian platforms

From: Marcelo Ricardo Leitner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 10:27:17 -0300

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 02:26:33PM +0100, Petr Malat wrote:
> Commit 978aa0474115 ("sctp: fix some type cast warnings introduced since
> very beginning")' broke err reading from sctp_arg, because it reads the
> value as 32-bit integer, although the value is stored as 16-bit integer.
> Later this value is passed to the userspace in 16-bit variable, thus the
> user always gets 0 on big-endian platforms. Fix it by reading the __u16
> field of sctp_arg union, as reading err field would produce a sparse
> warning.

Makes sense.

> 
> Signed-off-by: Petr Malat <[email-masked]>

Then, it also needs:
Fixes: 978aa0474115 ("sctp: fix some type cast warnings introduced since very beginning")'

Acked-by: Marcelo Ricardo Leitner <[email-masked]>
(If the maintainers can't add the Fixes tag above, please keep the ack
on the v2)

Thanks.