Subject: [PATCH v2 0/8] slab: provide and use krealloc_array()

From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 16:20:29 +0100

From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>

Andy brought to my attention the fact that users allocating an array of
equally sized elements should check if the size multiplication doesn't
overflow. This is why we have helpers like kmalloc_array().

However we don't have krealloc_array() equivalent and there are many
users who do their own multiplication when calling krealloc() for arrays.

This series provides krealloc_array() and uses it in a couple places.

A separate series will follow adding devm_krealloc_array() which is
needed in the xilinx adc driver.

v1 -> v2:
- added a kernel doc for krealloc_array()
- mentioned krealloc et al in the docs
- collected review tags

Bartosz Golaszewski (8):
  mm: slab: provide krealloc_array()
  ALSA: pcm: use krealloc_array()
  vhost: vringh: use krealloc_array()
  pinctrl: use krealloc_array()
  edac: ghes: use krealloc_array()
  drm: atomic: use krealloc_array()
  hwtracing: intel: use krealloc_array()
  dma-buf: use krealloc_array()

 Documentation/core-api/memory-allocation.rst |  4 ++++
 drivers/dma-buf/sync_file.c                  |  4 ++--
 drivers/edac/ghes_edac.c                     |  4 ++--
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_atomic.c                 |  3 ++-
 drivers/hwtracing/intel_th/msu.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-utils.c              |  2 +-
 drivers/vhost/vringh.c                       |  3 ++-
 include/linux/slab.h                         | 18 ++++++++++++++++++
 sound/core/pcm_lib.c                         |  4 ++--
 9 files changed, 34 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.1