Subject: Re: [PATCH mlx5-next v1 06/11] vdpa/mlx5: Connect mlx5_vdpa to auxiliary bus

From: Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 12:47:38 -0400

On Thu, Nov 05, 2020 at 08:33:02AM +0100, gregkh wrote:
> > Were there any additional changes you wanted to see happen? I'll go
> > give the final set another once over, but David has been diligently
> > fixing up all the declared major issues so I expect to find at most
> > minor incremental fixups.
> 
> This is in my to-review pile, along with a load of other stuff at the
> moment:
> 	$ ~/bin/mdfrm -c ~/mail/todo/
> 	1709 messages in /home/gregkh/mail/todo/
> 
> So give me a chance.  There is no rush on my side for this given the
> huge delays that have happened here on the authorship side many times in
> the past :)

On the other hand Leon and his team did invest alot of time and
effort, very quickly, to build and QA this large mlx5 series here to
give a better/second example as you requested only a few weeks ago.

> If you can review it, or anyone else, that is always most appreciated.

Dan, Leon, Myself and others have looked at the auxiliary bus patch a
more than a few times now. Leon in particular went over it very
carefully and a number of bugs were fixed while he developed this
series.

There seems to be nothing fundamentally wrong with it, so long as
people are fine with the colour of the shed...

Jason