Subject: Re: [PATCH] rtlwifi: Fix non-canonical address access issues

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 15:50:15 +0000 (UTC)

WeitaoWangoc <[email-masked]> wrote:

> During realtek USB wireless NIC initialization, it's unexpected
> disconnection will cause urb sumbmit fail. On the one hand,
> _rtl_usb_cleanup_rx will be called to clean up rx stuff, especially for
> rtl_wq. On the other hand, disconnection will cause rtl_usb_disconnect
> and _rtl_usb_cleanup_rx to be called. So, rtl_wq will be flush/destroy
> twice, which will cause non-canonical address 0xdead000000000122 access
> and general protection fault.
> 
> Fixed this issue by remove _rtl_usb_cleanup_rx when urb sumbmit fail.
> 
> Signed-off-by: WeitaoWangoc <[email-masked]>
> Acked-by: Ping-Ke Shih <[email-masked]>

Patch applied to wireless-drivers-next.git, thanks.

c521d7e0ff05 rtlwifi: Fix non-canonical address access issues

-- 
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/patch/[email-masked]/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches