Subject: [PATCH net-next v3 0/5] Support for RollBall 10G copper SFP modules

From: Marek Behún <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 12:15:06 +0100

Hello,

this is v3 of series adding support for RollBall/Hilink SFP modules.

Checked with:
  checkpatch.pl --max-line-length=80

Changes from v2:
- added comment into the patch adding support for RollBall I2C MDIO
  protocol, saying that we expect the SFP_PAGE not to be changed by
  the SFP code, as requested by Russell. If, in the future, SFP code
  starts modifying SFP_PAGE, we will have to handle it in mdio-i2c
  somehow
- destruction of I2C MDIO bus in patch 3/5 now depends on whether the
  MDIO bus is not NULL, instead of whether PHY exists, as suggested by
  Russell
- changed waiting time for RollBall module to initialize from 30 seconds
  to 25 seconds. Testing shows that it is never longer than 21-22
  seconds, so waiting 25 seconds instead of 30 is IMO safe enough
- added Russell's Reviewed-by tags where relevant

Changes from v1:
- wrapped to 80 columns as per Russell's request
- initialization of RollBall MDIO I2C protocol moved from sfp.c to
  mdio-i2c.c as per Russell's request
- second patch removes the 802.3z check also from phylink_sfp_config
  as suggested by Russell
- creation/destruction of mdiobus for SFP now occurs before probing
  for PHY/after releasing PHY (as suggested by Russell)
- the last patch became a little simpler after the above was done

Cc: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Cc: Russell King <[email-masked]>

Marek Behún (5):
  net: phy: mdio-i2c: support I2C MDIO protocol for RollBall SFP modules
  net: phylink: allow attaching phy for SFP modules on 802.3z mode
  net: sfp: create/destroy I2C mdiobus before PHY probe/after PHY
    release
  net: phy: marvell10g: change MACTYPE if underlying MAC does not
    support it
  net: sfp: add support for multigig RollBall transceivers

 drivers/net/mdio/mdio-i2c.c   | 236 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 drivers/net/phy/marvell10g.c  |  31 +++++
 drivers/net/phy/phylink.c     |   5 +-
 drivers/net/phy/sfp.c         |  65 ++++++++--
 include/linux/mdio/mdio-i2c.h |   8 +-
 5 files changed, 325 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

base-commit: 0064c5c1b3bf2a695c772c90e8dea38426a870ff
-- 
2.26.2