Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/6] net: ipa: add a driver shutdown callback

From: Alex Elder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 16:49:23 -0600

The final patch in this series adds a driver shutdown callback for
the IPA driver.  The patches leading up to that address some issues
encountered while ensuring that callback worked as expected:
  - The first just reports a little more information when channels
    or event rings are in unexpected states
  - The second patch recognizes a condition where an as-yet-unused
    channel does not require a reset during teardown
  - The third patch explicitly ignores a certain error condition,
    because it can't be avoided, and is harmless if it occurs
  - The fourth properly handles requests to retry a channel HALT
    request
  - The fifth makes a second attempt to stop modem activity during
    shutdown if it's busy

The shutdown callback is implemented by calling the existing remove
callback function (reporting if that returns an error).

					-Alex

Alex Elder (6):
  net: ipa: print channel/event ring number on error
  net: ipa: don't reset an ALLOCATED channel
  net: ipa: ignore CHANNEL_NOT_RUNNING errors
  net: ipa: support retries on generic GSI commands
  net: ipa: retry modem stop if busy
  net: ipa: add driver shutdown callback

 drivers/net/ipa/gsi.c      | 101 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 drivers/net/ipa/gsi.h      |   1 +
 drivers/net/ipa/ipa_main.c |  19 ++++++-
 3 files changed, 94 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1