Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: sfp: VSOL V2801F / CarlitoxxPro CPGOS03-0490 v2.0 workaround

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 14:00:20 +0000

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 08:18:56AM +0800, kernel test robot wrote:
> All warnings (new ones prefixed by >>):
> 
>    drivers/net/phy/sfp.c: In function 'sfp_i2c_read':
> >> drivers/net/phy/sfp.c:339:9: warning: variable 'block_size' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
>      339 |  size_t block_size;
>          |         ^~~~~~~~~~

I'm waiting for Thomas to re-test the fixed patch I sent, but Thomas
seems to be of the opinion that there's no need to re-test, despite
the fixed patch having the intended effect of changing the behaviour
on the I2C bus.

If nothing is forthcoming, I'm intending to drop the patch; we don't
need to waste time supporting untested workarounds for what are
essentially broken SFPs by vendors twisting the SFP MSA in the
kernel.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!