Subject: Fw: [Bug 210569] New: ping over geneve would fail

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 12:42:28 -0800

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 02:04:16 +0000
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Bug 210569] New: ping over geneve would fail

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=210569

            Bug ID: 210569
           Summary: ping over geneve would fail
           Product: Networking
           Version: 2.5
    Kernel Version: 5.10.0-rc6
          Hardware: All
                OS: Linux
              Tree: Mainline
            Status: NEW
          Severity: high
          Priority: P1
         Component: Other
          Assignee: [email-masked]
          Reporter: [email-masked]
        Regression: No

ping over geneve would fail on 5.10.0-rc6 after commit 
Kernel repo: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git
Commit: 55fd59b003f6 - Merge
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net

reproducer:

ip netns add client                                                             
ip netns add server                                                             
ip link add veth0_c type veth peer name veth0_s                                 
ip link set veth0_c netns client                                                
ip link set veth0_s netns server                                                
ip netns exec client ip link set lo up                                          
ip netns exec client ip link set veth0_c up                                     
ip netns exec server ip link set lo up                                          
ip netns exec server ip link set veth0_s up                                     
ip netns exec client ip addr add 2000::1/64 dev veth0_c                         
ip netns exec client ip addr add 10.10.0.1/24 dev veth0_c                       
ip netns exec server ip addr add 2000::2/64 dev veth0_s                         
ip netns exec server ip addr add 10.10.0.2/24 dev veth0_s                       
ip netns exec client ping 10.10.0.2 -c 2                                        
ip netns exec client ping6 2000::2 -c 2                                         
ip netns exec client ip link add geneve1 type geneve vni 1234 remote 10.10.0.2
ttl 64                 
ip netns exec server ip link add geneve1 type geneve vni 1234 remote 10.10.0.1
ttl 64                 
ip netns exec client ip link set geneve1 up                                     
ip netns exec client ip addr add 1.1.1.1/24 dev geneve1                         
ip netns exec server ip link set geneve1 up                                     
ip netns exec server ip addr add 1.1.1.2/24 dev geneve1
ip netns exec client ping 1.1.1.2 -c 3

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.