Subject: [PATCH bpf-next v4 0/3] bpf: misc performance improvements for cgroup hooks

From: Stanislav Fomichev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 10:43:02 -0800

First patch tries to remove kzalloc/kfree from getsockopt for the
common cases.

Second patch switches cgroup_bpf_enabled to be per-attach to
to add only overhead for the cgroup attach types used on the system.

No visible user-side changes.

v4:
- update performance numbers
- bypass_bpf_getsockopt (Martin KaFai Lau)

v3:
- remove extra newline, add comment about sizeof tcp_zerocopy_receive
  (Martin KaFai Lau)
- add another patch to remove lock_sock overhead from
  TCP_ZEROCOPY_RECEIVE; technically, this makes patch #1 obsolete,
  but I'd still prefer to keep it to help with other socket
  options

v2:
- perf numbers for getsockopt kmalloc reduction (Song Liu)
- (sk) in BPF_CGROUP_PRE_CONNECT_ENABLED (Song Liu)
- 128 -> 64 buffer size, BUILD_BUG_ON (Martin KaFai Lau)

Stanislav Fomichev (3):
  bpf: try to avoid kzalloc in cgroup/{s,g}etsockopt
  bpf: split cgroup_bpf_enabled per attach type
  bpf: remove extra lock_sock for TCP_ZEROCOPY_RECEIVE

 include/linux/bpf-cgroup.h                    |  61 ++++++---
 include/linux/filter.h                        |   5 +
 include/net/sock.h                            |   2 +
 include/net/tcp.h                             |   1 +
 kernel/bpf/cgroup.c                           | 122 ++++++++++++++----
 net/ipv4/af_inet.c                            |   9 +-
 net/ipv4/tcp.c                                |  14 ++
 net/ipv4/tcp_ipv4.c                           |   1 +
 net/ipv4/udp.c                                |   7 +-
 net/ipv6/af_inet6.c                           |   9 +-
 net/ipv6/tcp_ipv6.c                           |   1 +
 net/ipv6/udp.c                                |   7 +-
 .../selftests/bpf/prog_tests/sockopt_sk.c     |  22 ++++
 .../testing/selftests/bpf/progs/sockopt_sk.c  |  15 +++
 14 files changed, 217 insertions(+), 59 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2.729.g45daf8777d-goog