Subject: [PATCH 0/7] ibmvnic: Use more consistent locking

From: Sukadev Bhattiprolu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 23:12:29 -0800

Use more consistent locking when reading/writing the adapter->state
field. This patch set fixes a race condition during ibmvnic_open()
where the adapter could be left in the PROBED state if a reset occurs
at the wrong time. This can cause networking to not come up during
boot and potentially require manual intervention in bringing up
applications that depend on the network.

Sukadev Bhattiprolu (7):
  ibmvnic: restore state in change-param reset
  ibmvnic: update reset function prototypes
  ibmvnic: avoid allocating rwi entries
  ibmvnic: switch order of checks in ibmvnic_reset
  ibmvnic: use a lock to serialize remove/reset
  ibmvnic: check adapter->state under state_lock
  ibmvnic: add comments about adapter->state_lock

 drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.c | 351 ++++++++++++++++++++---------
 drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.h |  70 +++++-
 2 files changed, 308 insertions(+), 113 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2