Subject: [PATCH v17 0/7] KVM: arm64: Add host/guest KVM-PTP support

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 14:11:57 +0000

Given that this series[0] has languished in my Inbox for the best of the
past two years, and in an effort to eventually get it merged, I've
taken the liberty to pick it up and do the changes I wanted to see
instead of waiting to go through yet another round.

All the patches have a link to their original counterpart (though I
have squashed a couple of them where it made sense). Tested both 64
and 32bit guests for a good measure. Of course, I claim full
responsibility for any bug introduced here.

* From v16 [0]:
  - Moved the KVM service discovery to its own file, plugged it into
    PSCI instead of the arch code, dropped the inlining, made use of
    asm/hypervisor.h.
  - Tidied-up the namespacing
  - Cleanup the hypercall handler
  - De-duplicate the guest code
  - Tidied-up arm64-specific documentation
  - Dropped the generic PTP documentation as it needs a new location,
    and some cleanup
  - Squashed hypercall documentation and capability into the
    main KVM patch
  - Rebased on top of 5.11-rc4

[0] https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

Jianyong Wu (4):
  ptp: Reorganize ptp_kvm.c to make it arch-independent
  clocksource: Add clocksource id for arm arch counter
  KVM: arm64: Add support for the KVM PTP service
  ptp: arm/arm64: Enable ptp_kvm for arm/arm64

Thomas Gleixner (1):
  time: Add mechanism to recognize clocksource in time_get_snapshot

Will Deacon (2):
  arm/arm64: Probe for the presence of KVM hypervisor
  KVM: arm64: Advertise KVM UID to guests via SMCCC

 Documentation/virt/kvm/api.rst              |  9 ++
 Documentation/virt/kvm/arm/index.rst        |  1 +
 Documentation/virt/kvm/arm/ptp_kvm.rst      | 25 ++++++
 arch/arm/include/asm/hypervisor.h           |  3 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/hypervisor.h         |  3 +
 arch/arm64/kvm/arm.c                        |  1 +
 arch/arm64/kvm/hypercalls.c                 | 80 +++++++++++++++--
 drivers/clocksource/arm_arch_timer.c        | 33 +++++++
 drivers/firmware/psci/psci.c                |  2 +
 drivers/firmware/smccc/Makefile             |  2 +-
 drivers/firmware/smccc/kvm_guest.c          | 51 +++++++++++
 drivers/firmware/smccc/smccc.c              |  1 +
 drivers/ptp/Kconfig                         |  2 +-
 drivers/ptp/Makefile                        |  2 +
 drivers/ptp/ptp_kvm_arm.c                   | 28 ++++++
 drivers/ptp/{ptp_kvm.c => ptp_kvm_common.c} | 84 +++++-------------
 drivers/ptp/ptp_kvm_x86.c                   | 97 +++++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/arm-smccc.h                   | 41 +++++++++
 include/linux/clocksource.h                 |  6 ++
 include/linux/clocksource_ids.h             | 12 +++
 include/linux/ptp_kvm.h                     | 19 ++++
 include/linux/timekeeping.h                 | 12 +--
 include/uapi/linux/kvm.h                    |  1 +
 kernel/time/clocksource.c                   |  2 +
 kernel/time/timekeeping.c                   |  1 +
 25 files changed, 440 insertions(+), 78 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/virt/kvm/arm/ptp_kvm.rst
 create mode 100644 drivers/firmware/smccc/kvm_guest.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/ptp/ptp_kvm_arm.c
 rename drivers/ptp/{ptp_kvm.c => ptp_kvm_common.c} (60%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/ptp/ptp_kvm_x86.c
 create mode 100644 include/linux/clocksource_ids.h
 create mode 100644 include/linux/ptp_kvm.h

-- 
2.29.2