Subject: Re: [PATCH v1 5/7] ARM i.MX6q: remove Atheros AR8035 SmartEEE fixup

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 09:56:28 +0000

On Wed, Feb 03, 2021 at 10:18:55AM +0100, Oleksij Rempel wrote:
> This fixup removes the Lpi_en bit.
> 
> If this patch breaks functionality of your board, use following device
> tree properties:
> 
> 	ethernet-phy@X {
> 		reg = <0xX>;
> 		eee-broken-1000t;
> 		eee-broken-100tx;
> 		....
> 	};

That is the historical fix for this problem, but there is a better
solution now in net-next - configuring the Tw parameter for gigabit
connections. That solves the random link drop issue when EEE is
enabled.

Support for this configuration has only recently been merged into
net-next and other trees for this merge window, so I ask that you
hold off at least this patch until the next cycle.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!