Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/7] net: ipa: a mix of small improvements

From: Alex Elder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 16:10:53 -0600

Version 2 of this series restructures a couple of the changed
functions (in patches 1 and 2) to avoid blocks of indented code
by returning early when possible, as suggested by Jakub.  The
description of the first patch was changed as a result, to better
reflect what the updated patch does.  It also fixes one spot I
identified when updating the code, where gsi_channel_stop() was
doing the wrong thing on error.

The original description for this series is below.

					-Alex

This series contains a sort of unrelated set of code cleanups.

The first two are things I wanted to do in a series that updated
some NAPI code recently.  I didn't want to change things in a way
that affected existing testing so I set these aside for later
(i.e., now).

The third makes a change to event ring handling that's similar to
what was done a while back for channels.  There's little benefit to
cacheing the current state of an event ring, so with this we'll just
fetch the state from hardware whenever we need it.

The fourth patch removes the definitions of two unused symbols.

The fifth replaces a count that is always 0 or 1 with a Boolean.

The sixth removes a build-time validation check that doesn't really
provide benefit.

And the last one fixes a problem (in two spots) that could cause a
build-time check to fail "bogusly".

					-Alex

Alex Elder (7):
  net: ipa: move mutex calls into __gsi_channel_stop()
  net: ipa: synchronize NAPI only for suspend
  net: ipa: do not cache event ring state
  net: ipa: remove two unused register definitions
  net: ipa: use a Boolean rather than count when replenishing
  net: ipa: get rid of status size constraint
  net: ipa: avoid field overflow

 drivers/net/ipa/gsi.c          | 69 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 drivers/net/ipa/gsi.h          |  1 -
 drivers/net/ipa/gsi_reg.h      | 10 -----
 drivers/net/ipa/ipa_endpoint.c | 38 +++++++++----------
 drivers/net/ipa/ipa_reg.h      | 22 +++++++----
 5 files changed, 73 insertions(+), 67 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1