Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH v3 00/11] NVMeTCP Offload ULP and QEDN Device Driver

From: Chris Leech <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 10:06:39 -0800

On Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 08:13:13PM +0200, Shai Malin wrote:
> Queue Initialization:
> =====================
> The nvme-tcp-offload ULP module shall register with the existing 
> nvmf_transport_ops (.name = "tcp_offload"), nvme_ctrl_ops and blk_mq_ops.
> The nvme-tcp-offload vendor driver shall register to nvme-tcp-offload ULP
> with the following ops:
>  - claim_dev() - in order to resolve the route to the target according to
>                  the net_dev.
>  - create_queue() - in order to create offloaded nvme-tcp queue.
> 
> The nvme-tcp-offload ULP module shall manage all the controller level
> functionalities, call claim_dev and based on the return values shall call
> the relevant module create_queue in order to create the admin queue and
> the IO queues.

Hi Shai,

How well does this claim_dev approach work with multipathing?  Is it
expected that providing HOST_TRADDR is sufficient control over which
offload device will be used with multiple valid paths to the controller?

- Chris