Subject: Re: [PATCH 14/17] iommu: remove DOMAIN_ATTR_DMA_USE_FLUSH_QUEUE

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 09:26:09 +0100

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 06:39:57PM +0000, Robin Murphy wrote:
>> Actually... Just mirroring the iommu_dma_strict value into
>> struct iommu_domain should solve all of that with very little
>> boilerplate code.
>
> Yes, my initial thought was to directly replace the attribute with a
> common flag at iommu_domain level, but since in all cases the behaviour
> is effectively global rather than actually per-domain, it seemed
> reasonable to take it a step further. This passes compile-testing for
> arm64 and x86, what do you think?

It seems to miss a few bits, and also generally seems to be not actually
apply to recent mainline or something like it due to different empty
lines in a few places.

Let me know what you think of the version here:

http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git/shortlog/refs/heads/iommu-cleanup

I'll happily switch the patch to you as the author if you're fine with
that as well.