Subject: Re: [PATCH nf-next] netfilter: flowtable: separate replace, destroy and stats to different workqueues

From: Pablo Neira Ayuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 02:38:10 +0100

Hi Marcelo,

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 03:09:51PM -0300, Marcelo Ricardo Leitner wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 05:11:47PM +0100, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
[...]
> > Or probably make the cookie unique is sufficient? The cookie refers to
> > the memory address but memory can be recycled very quickly. If the
> > cookie helps to catch the reorder scenario, then the conntrack id
> > could be used instead of the memory address as cookie.
> 
> Something like this, if I got the idea right, would be even better. If
> the entry actually expired before it had a chance of being offloaded,
> there is no point in offloading it to then just remove it.

It would be interesting to explore this idea you describe. Maybe a
flag can be set on stale objects, or simply remove the stale object
from the offload queue. So I guess it should be possible to recover
control on the list of pending requests as a batch that is passed
through one single queue_work call.