Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3 2/2] net: pcs: configure xpcs 2.5G speed mode

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 08:59:03 +0000

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 04:38:06PM +0800, Michael Sit Wei Hong wrote:
> diff --git a/drivers/net/phy/phylink.c b/drivers/net/phy/phylink.c
> index 12a047d47dec..c95dfe4e5310 100644
> --- a/drivers/net/phy/phylink.c
> +++ b/drivers/net/phy/phylink.c
> @@ -290,6 +290,8 @@ static int phylink_parse_mode(struct phylink *pl, struct fwnode_handle *fwnode)
>  
>  		switch (pl->link_config.interface) {
>  		case PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_SGMII:
> +			phylink_set(pl->supported, 2500baseT_Full);
> +			fallthrough;

This is wrong. "SGMII" here means 1G SGMII. See the documentation in
Documentation/networking/phy.rst.

If we want to have this at 2.5G speed, then we need a separate
enumeration for that mode, just like we make a distinction between
1000BASE-X and 2500BASE-X.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!