Subject: [PATCHv1 0/6] Amlogic Soc - Add missing ethernet mdio compatible string

From: Anand Moon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:38:04 +0000

On most of the Amlogic SoC I observed that Ethernet would not get
initialize when try to deploy the mainline kernel, earlier I tried to
fix this issue with by setting ethernet reset but it did not resolve
the issue see below.
	resets = <&reset RESET_ETHERNET>;
	reset-names = "stmmaceth";

After checking what was the missing with Rockchip SoC dts
I tried to add this missing compatible string and then it
started to working on my setup.

Also I tried to fix the device tree binding to validate the changes.

Tested this on my Odroid-N2 and Odroid-C2 (64 bit) setup.
I do not have ready Odroid C1 (32 bit) setup so please somebody test.

Best Regards
-Anand

Anand Moon (6):
  dt-bindings: net: ethernet-phy: Fix the parsing of ethernet-phy
    compatible string
  arm: dts: meson: Add missing ethernet phy mdio compatible string
  arm64: dts: meson-gxbb: Add missing ethernet phy mimo compatible
    string
  arm64: dts: meson-gxl: Add missing ethernet phy mdio compatible string
  arm64: dts: meson-g12: Add missing ethernet phy mdio compatible string
  arm64: dts: meson-glx: Fix the ethernet phy mdio compatible string

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/ethernet-phy.yaml | 6 +++---
 arch/arm/boot/dts/meson8b-ec100.dts                     | 1 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/meson8b-mxq.dts                       | 1 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/meson8b-odroidc1.dts                  | 1 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/meson8m2-mxiii-plus.dts               | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-axg-s400.dts          | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-g12a-x96-max.dts      | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dtsi   | 3 ++-
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-g12b-w400.dtsi        | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gx-libretech-pc.dtsi  | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxbb-kii-pro.dts      | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxbb-nanopi-k2.dts    | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxbb-nexbox-a95x.dts  | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxbb-odroidc2.dts     | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxbb-p200.dts         | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxbb-vega-s95.dtsi    | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxbb-wetek.dtsi       | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905d-p230.dts    | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxl.dtsi              | 2 +-
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dts   | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxm-nexbox-a1.dts     | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxm-q200.dts          | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxm-rbox-pro.dts      | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxm-vega-s96.dts      | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-khadas-vim3.dtsi      | 1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-sm1-odroid.dtsi       | 1 +
 26 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.31.0