Subject: [PATCH rdma-next v2 0/5] Get rid of custom made module dependency

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 09:57:10 +0300

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>

Changelog:
v2:
 * kbuild spotted that I didn't delete all code in patch #5, so deleted
   even more ulp_ops derefences.
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-rdma/[email-masked]
 * Go much deeper and removed useless ULP indirection
v0: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-rdma/[email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The following series fixes issue spotted in [1], where bnxt_re driver
messed with module reference counting in order to implement symbol
dependency of bnxt_re and bnxt modules. All of this is done, when in
upstream we have only one ULP user of that bnxt module. The simple
declaration of exported symbol would do the trick.

This series removes that custom module_get/_put, which is not supposed
to be in the driver from the beginning and get rid of nasty indirection
logic that isn't relevant for the upstream code.

Such small changes allow us to simplify the bnxt code and my hope that
Devesh will continue where I stopped and remove struct bnxt_ulp_ops too.

Thanks

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-rdma/[email-masked]

Leon Romanovsky (5):
  RDMA/bnxt_re: Depend on bnxt ethernet driver and not blindly select it
  RDMA/bnxt_re: Create direct symbolic link between bnxt modules
  RDMA/bnxt_re: Get rid of custom module reference counting
  net/bnxt: Remove useless check of non-existent ULP id
  net/bnxt: Use direct API instead of useless indirection

 drivers/infiniband/hw/bnxt_re/Kconfig         |   4 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/bnxt_re/main.c          |  93 ++-----
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt.c     |   4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt.h     |   1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_ulp.c | 245 +++++++-----------
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_ulp.h |  32 +--
 6 files changed, 119 insertions(+), 260 deletions(-)

-- 
2.30.2