Subject: [PATCH rdma-next 0/8] Generalize if ULP supported check

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2021 08:49:52 +0300

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>

Hi,

This series adds new callback to check if ib client is supported/not_supported.
Such general callback allows us to save memory footprint by not starting
on devices that not going to work on them anyway.

Thanks

Parav Pandit (8):
  RDMA/core: Check if client supports IB device or not
  RDMA/cma: Skip device which doesn't support CM
  IB/cm: Skip device which doesn't support IB CM
  IB/core: Skip device which doesn't have necessary capabilities
  IB/IPoIB: Skip device which doesn't have InfiniBand port
  IB/opa_vnic: Move to client_supported callback
  net/smc: Move to client_supported callback
  net/rds: Move to client_supported callback

 drivers/infiniband/core/cm.c                  | 15 +++++++++++++-
 drivers/infiniband/core/cma.c                 | 15 +++++++++++++-
 drivers/infiniband/core/device.c              |  3 +++
 drivers/infiniband/core/multicast.c           | 15 +++++++++++++-
 drivers/infiniband/core/sa_query.c            | 15 +++++++++++++-
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/ipoib/ipoib_main.c     | 13 ++++++++++++
 .../infiniband/ulp/opa_vnic/opa_vnic_vema.c   |  4 +---
 include/rdma/ib_verbs.h                       |  9 +++++++++
 net/rds/ib.c                                  | 20 ++++++++++++-------
 net/smc/smc_ib.c                              |  9 ++++++---
 10 files changed, 101 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

-- 
2.30.2