Subject: Re: [PATCH rdma-next v2 0/5] Get rid of custom made module dependency

From: Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 14:38:09 -0300

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 12:09:16AM +0530, Devesh Sharma wrote:

> The host crash I indicated earlier is actually caused by patch 4 and
> not by patch 3 from this series. I spent time to root cause the

This makes a lot more sense.

The ulp_id stuff does need to go away as well though.

> problem and realized that patch-4 is touching quite many areas which
> would require much intrusive testing and validation.
> As I indicated earlier, we are implementing the PCI Aux driver
> interface at a faster pace.

Doing an aux driver doesn't mean you get to keep all these single
implementation function pointers - see the discussion around Intel's
patches.

> The problem of module referencing would be rectified with PCI aux
> change by inheritance.

The first three patches are clearly an improvement, and quite trivial,
so I'm going to take them.

Jason