Subject: [PATCH leds v1 0/5] Add support for offloading netdev trigger to HW

From: Marek Behún <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 20:00:15 +0200

Hello,

I am sending the first non-RFC version of the series adding support
for offloading LED triggers to HW, with the netdev trigger being the
first user.

I have addressed the issues with the RFC version from October.

This version only implements the offloading API and adds support for
offloading to the netdev trigger. In the RFC I also added one user of
this API (Marvell ethernet PHY driver). I plan to continue the work on
those patches once the offloading API is finally merged.

Also, there is now other possible user for this API: leds-nuc driver
by Mauro.

Changes since RFC:
- split the patch adding HW offloading support to netdev trigger into
  several separate patches (suggested by Pavel):
  1. move trigger data structure to include/linux/ledtrig.h
  2. support HW offloading
  3. change spinlock to mutex
- fixed bug where the .offloaded variable was not set to false when
  offloading was disabled (suggested by Pavel)
- removed the code saving one call to set_baseline_state() on the
  NETDEV_CHANGE event. It is not needed, the trigger_offload() method
  can handle this situation on its own (suggested by Pavel)
- documentation now explicitly says that when offloading is being
  disabled, the function must return 0 (no error) (suggested by Pavel)

Marek Behún (5):
  leds: trigger: netdev: don't explicitly zero kzalloced data
  leds: trigger: add API for HW offloading of triggers
  leds: trigger: netdev: move trigger data structure to global include
    dir
  leds: trigger: netdev: support HW offloading
  leds: trigger: netdev: change spinlock to mutex

 Documentation/leds/leds-class.rst     | 22 +++++++++++++
 drivers/leds/led-triggers.c           |  1 +
 drivers/leds/trigger/ledtrig-netdev.c | 47 ++++++++-------------------
 include/linux/leds.h                  | 29 +++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/ledtrig.h               | 40 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 105 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 include/linux/ledtrig.h

-- 
2.26.3