Subject: Re: [PATCH] phy: maxlinear: add Maxlinear GPY115/21x/24x driver

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:25:00 +0100

On Tue, Jun 01, 2021 at 03:44:27PM +0800, Xu Liang wrote:
> +	if (!(ret & PHY_MIISTAT_LS)
> +	    || FIELD_GET(PHY_MIISTAT_SPD_MASK, ret) != PHY_MIISTAT_SPD_2500)
> +		return false;

We prefer the operators at the end of the previous line rather than at
the beginning of the following line. So:

+	if (!(ret & PHY_MIISTAT_LS) ||
+	    FIELD_GET(PHY_MIISTAT_SPD_MASK, ret) != PHY_MIISTAT_SPD_2500)
+		return false;

Same for the other instances of this.

I think checkpatch should warn about this - did you run your patch
through checkpatch before sending?  There seems to be other style issues
too (e.g. missing blank lines.)

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!