Subject: [PATCH wireless-drivers-next 0/4] TI wlcore firmware log fixes

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 12:53:16 +0100

Hi,

(I'm assuming this is the correct way to submit for
wireless-drivers-next.)

The following series fixes a number of issues with the firmware logging
on TI wireless devices, noticed while looking at AP mode issues on the
WL18xx family of devices.

Patch 1 tidies up the use of "fw_log.actual_buff_size" removing
multiple unnecessary endian conversions by caching the CPU endian value
in a local variable "actual_size".

Patch 2 makes the buffer calculations more obvious and adds comments
to describe what is going on. In particular, the addition of "addr_ptr"
eliminates several "addr + internal_fw_addrbase" calculations in the
code.

Patch 3 fixes an error in the calculation of "clean_addr" when it hits
the end of the buffer, which was causing the kernel console to spew
"errors" when firmware tracing is in effect.

Patch 4 removes the error message fixed in patch 3, which can still
occur when we race with the firmware reading the log structure. The
write pointer is where the firmware is writing its next message to,
whereas "clean_ptr" is the point that we've read the firmware log
to. It is fine that these may not match.

As this is a debug facility, I don't see any urgent need to push these
patches into -rc nor stable kernels.

 drivers/net/wireless/ti/wlcore/event.c | 67  +++++++++++++++++++---------------
 1 file changed, 38 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!