Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net-next 1/3] net: phy: nxp-c45-tja11xx: demote the "no PTP support" message to debug

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:47:40 +0100

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 03:38:13PM +0300, Vladimir Oltean wrote:
> From: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>
> 
> The SJA1110 switch integrates these PHYs, and they do not have support
> for timestamping. This message becomes quite overwhelming:
> 
> [   10.056596] NXP C45 TJA1103 spi1.0-base-t1:01: the phy does not support PTP
> [   10.112625] NXP C45 TJA1103 spi1.0-base-t1:02: the phy does not support PTP
> [   10.167461] NXP C45 TJA1103 spi1.0-base-t1:03: the phy does not support PTP
> [   10.223510] NXP C45 TJA1103 spi1.0-base-t1:04: the phy does not support PTP
> [   10.278239] NXP C45 TJA1103 spi1.0-base-t1:05: the phy does not support PTP
> [   10.332663] NXP C45 TJA1103 spi1.0-base-t1:06: the phy does not support PTP
> [   15.390828] NXP C45 TJA1103 spi1.2-base-t1:01: the phy does not support PTP
> [   15.445224] NXP C45 TJA1103 spi1.2-base-t1:02: the phy does not support PTP
> [   15.499673] NXP C45 TJA1103 spi1.2-base-t1:03: the phy does not support PTP
> [   15.554074] NXP C45 TJA1103 spi1.2-base-t1:04: the phy does not support PTP
> [   15.608516] NXP C45 TJA1103 spi1.2-base-t1:05: the phy does not support PTP
> [   15.662996] NXP C45 TJA1103 spi1.2-base-t1:06: the phy does not support PTP
> 
> So reduce its log level to debug.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>

Reviewed-by: Russell King (Oracle) <[email-masked]>

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!