Subject: Re: [RFC 1/3] ARM: dts: imx28: Add description for L2 switch on XEA board

From: Lukasz Majewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 22:51:34 +0200

Hi Andrew,

> On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 04:41:09PM +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> > The 'eth_switch' node is now extendfed to enable support for L2
> > switch.
> > 
> > Moreover, the mac[01] nodes are defined as well and linked to the
> > former with 'phy-handle' property.  
> 
> A phy-handle points to a phy, not a MAC! Don't abuse a well known DT
> property like this.

Ach.... You are right. I will change it.

Probably 'ethernet' property or 'link' will fit better?

>   Andrew

Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski

--

DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-59 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]