Subject: [PATCH net-next v4 0/5] Generic XDP improvements

From: Kumar Kartikeya Dwivedi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:17:41 +0530

This small series makes some improvements to generic XDP mode and brings it
closer to native XDP. Patch 1 splits out generic XDP processing into reusable
parts, patch 2 adds pointer friendly wrappers for bitops (not have to cast back
and forth the address of local pointer to unsigned long *), patch 3 implements
generic cpumap support (details in commit) and patch 4 allows devmap bpf prog
execution before generic_xdp_tx is called.

Patch 5 just updates a couple of selftests to adapt to changes in behavior (in
that specifying devmap/cpumap prog fd in generic mode is now allowed).

Changelog:
----------
v3 -> v4
v3: https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/[email-masked]
 * Add detach now that attach of XDP program succeeds (Toke)
 * Clean up the test to use new ASSERT macros

v2 -> v3
v2: https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/[email-masked]
 * list_for_each_entry -> list_for_each_entry_safe (due to deletion of skb)

v1 -> v2
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/[email-masked]
 * Move __ptr_{set,clear,test}_bit to bitops.h (Toke)
   Also changed argument order to match the bit op they wrap.
 * Remove map value size checking functions for cpumap/devmap (Toke)
 * Rework prog run for skb in cpu_map_kthread_run (Toke)
 * Set skb->dev to dst->dev after devmap prog has run
 * Don't set xdp rxq that will be overwritten in cpumap prog run

Kumar Kartikeya Dwivedi (5):
  net: core: split out code to run generic XDP prog
  bitops: add non-atomic bitops for pointers
  bpf: cpumap: implement generic cpumap
  bpf: devmap: implement devmap prog execution for generic XDP
  bpf: tidy xdp attach selftests

 include/linux/bitops.h                        |  19 +++
 include/linux/bpf.h                           |  10 +-
 include/linux/netdevice.h                     |   2 +
 include/linux/skbuff.h                        |  10 +-
 include/linux/typecheck.h                     |  10 ++
 kernel/bpf/cpumap.c                           | 115 +++++++++++++++---
 kernel/bpf/devmap.c                           |  49 ++++++--
 net/core/dev.c                                | 103 ++++++++--------
 net/core/filter.c                             |   6 +-
 .../bpf/prog_tests/xdp_cpumap_attach.c        |  43 +++----
 .../bpf/prog_tests/xdp_devmap_attach.c        |  39 +++---
 11 files changed, 269 insertions(+), 137 deletions(-)

-- 
2.31.1