Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/7] net: phy: adin1100: Add initial support for ADIN1100 industrial PHY

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 14:33:58 +0100

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 04:06:24PM +0300, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Alexandru Tachici <[email-masked]>
> 
> The ADIN1100 is a low power single port 10BASE-T1L transceiver designed for
> industrial Ethernet applications and is compliant with the IEEE 802.3cg
> Ethernet standard for long reach 10 Mb/s Single Pair Ethernet.
> 
> Ethtool output:
>         Settings for eth1:
>         Supported ports: [ TP	 MII ]
>         Supported link modes:   10baseT1L/Full
>                                 2400mv
>                                 1000mv

The SI unit of voltage is V not v, so milli-volts is mV not mv. Surely,
at the very least, we should be using the SI designation in user
visible strings?

It may also be worth providing a brief description of 10BASE-T1L in the
cover letter so (e.g.) one doesn't have to look up the fact that the
voltage level is negotiated via bit 13 of the base page. I've found
that by searching google and finding dp83td510e.pdf

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!