Subject: [PATCH net-next af_unix v1 0/1] af_unix: Add OOB support

From: Rao Shoaib <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 00:57:06 -0700

From: Rao Shoaib <[email-masked]>

The original Berkeley paper on sockets by Bill Joy 
http://maibriz.de/unix/ultrix/_root/net.pdf
defined OOB support for all streams sockets.
However, this support was never added to AF_UNIX
streams sockets, probably because it was not needed.

With several containers running on the same host, AF_UNIX sockets
are being used instead of TCP sockets because they are efficient.
Papers have been published that show the performance benefit of using
AF_UNIX sockets and mention lack of OOB support.
https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/atc15/atc15-paper-dietz.pdf
Products are also being built that require OOB support for AF_UNIX sockets.

This patch adds OOB support to AF_UNIX stream sockets. The semantics
are same as that of TCP.

Rao Shoaib (1):
  af_unix: Add OOB support

 include/net/af_unix.h                         |   3 +
 net/unix/Kconfig                              |   5 +
 net/unix/af_unix.c                            | 153 +++++-
 tools/testing/selftests/Makefile              |   1 +
 tools/testing/selftests/net/af_unix/Makefile  |   5 +
 .../selftests/net/af_unix/test_unix_oob.c     | 437 ++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 602 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/net/af_unix/Makefile
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/net/af_unix/test_unix_oob.c

-- 
2.31.1