Subject: [PATCH bpf-next v5 0/3] add support for writable bare tracepoint

From: Hou Tao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 17:48:54 +0800

From: Hou Tao <[email-masked]>

Hi,

The patchset series supports writable context for bare tracepoint.

The main idea comes from patchset "writable contexts for bpf raw
tracepoints" [1], but it only supports normal tracepoint with
associated trace event under tracefs. Now we have one use case
in which we add bare tracepoint in VFS layer, and update
file::f_mode for specific files. The reason using bare tracepoint
is that it doesn't form a ABI and we can change it freely. So
add support for it in BPF.

Comments are always welcome.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]

Change log:
v5:
 * rebased on bpf-next
 * patch 1: add Acked-by tag
 * patch 2: handle invalid section name, make prefixes array being const

v4: https://www.spinics.net/lists/bpf/msg47021.html
 * rebased on bpf-next
 * update patch 2 to add support for writable raw tracepoint attachment
   in attach_raw_tp().
 * update patch 3 to add Acked-by tag

v3: https://www.spinics.net/lists/bpf/msg46824.html
  * use raw_tp.w instead of raw_tp_writable as section
    name of writable tp
  * use ASSERT_XXX() instead of CHECK()
  * define a common macro for "/sys/kernel/bpf_testmod"

v2: https://www.spinics.net/lists/bpf/msg46356.html 
  * rebase on bpf-next tree
  * address comments from Yonghong Song
  * rename bpf_testmode_test_writable_ctx::ret as early_ret to reflect
    its purpose better.

v1: https://www.spinics.net/lists/bpf/msg46221.html

Hou Tao (3):
  bpf: support writable context for bare tracepoint
  libbpf: support detecting and attaching of writable tracepoint program
  bpf/selftests: add test for writable bare tracepoint

 include/trace/bpf_probe.h                     | 19 +++++++---
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf.c                        | 26 +++++++++++---
 .../bpf/bpf_testmod/bpf_testmod-events.h      | 15 ++++++++
 .../selftests/bpf/bpf_testmod/bpf_testmod.c   | 10 ++++++
 .../selftests/bpf/bpf_testmod/bpf_testmod.h   |  5 +++
 .../selftests/bpf/prog_tests/module_attach.c  | 35 +++++++++++++++++++
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/test_module_attach.c  | 14 ++++++++
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_progs.c      |  4 +--
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_progs.h      |  2 ++
 9 files changed, 119 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1