Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/4] net: add a helpers for loading netdev->dev_addr from FW

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 08:53:17 -0700

We're trying to make all writes to netdev->dev_addr go via helpers.
A lot of places pass netdev->dev_addr to of_get_ethdev_address() and
device_get_ethdev_addr() so this set adds new functions which wrap
the functionality.

Jakub Kicinski (4):
  of: net: add a helper for loading netdev->dev_addr
  ethernet: use of_get_ethdev_address()
  device property: add a helper for loading netdev->dev_addr
  ethernet: use device_get_ethdev_addr()

 drivers/base/property.c                       | 20 +++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/allwinner/sun4i-emac.c   |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/altera/altera_tse_main.c |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/apm/xgene-v2/main.c      |  2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/apm/xgene/xgene_enet_main.c  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/arc/emac_main.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/atheros/ag71xx.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bcm4908_enet.c  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bcmsysport.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bgmac-bcma.c    |  2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/broadcom/bgmac-platform.c    |  2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/broadcom/genet/bcmgenet.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb_main.c      |  2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/cavium/octeon/octeon_mgmt.c  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ethoc.c                  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ezchip/nps_enet.c        |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec_mpc52xx.c  |  2 +-
 .../ethernet/freescale/fs_enet/fs_enet-main.c |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/gianfar.c      |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/ucc_geth.c     |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hisi_femac.c   |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hix5hd2_gmac.c |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns/hns_enet.c |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/korina.c                 |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/lantiq_xrx200.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/litex/litex_liteeth.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvneta.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/pxa168_eth.c     |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/sky2.c           |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.c   |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/micrel/ks8851_common.c   |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/nxp/lpc_eth.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/qca_spi.c       |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/qca_uart.c      |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/ravb_main.c      |  2 +-
 .../ethernet/samsung/sxgbe/sxgbe_platform.c   |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/socionext/sni_ave.c      |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/netcp_core.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/xilinx_emaclite.c |  2 +-
 drivers/of/of_net.c                           | 25 +++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/of_net.h                        |  6 +++++
 include/linux/property.h                      |  2 ++
 42 files changed, 91 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)

-- 
2.31.1