Subject: Re: [PATCH v1] ath9k: fix intr_txqs setting

From: Peter Seiderer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 20:07:01 +0100

Hello Kalle,

On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 08:47:40 +0000 (UTC), Kalle Valo <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Peter Seiderer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > The struct ath_hw member intr_txqs is never reset/assigned outside
> > of ath9k_hw_init_queues() and with the used bitwise-or in the interrupt
> > handling ar9002_hw_get_isr() accumulates all ever set interrupt flags.
> >
> > Fix this by using a pure assign instead of bitwise-or for the
> > first line (note: intr_txqs is only evaluated in case ATH9K_INT_TX bit
> > is set).
> >
> > Signed-off-by: Peter Seiderer <[email-masked]>
> > Signed-off-by: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
>
> How did you test this? I'm getting way too many ath9k patches which have not
> been tested on a real device.
>

Did test it with an Compex WLE200NX 7A card (AR9280) running IBSS mode
against one older (madwifi) and one newer (ath10k) Atheros card using
ping and iperf traffic (investigating some performance degradation
compared to two older cards...., but getting better with the latest
rc80211_minstrel/rc80211_minstrel_ht changes), checked via printk
debugging intr_txqs is not cleared when entering ar9002_hw_get_isr(),
and checked wifi is still working after the change...., can provide more
info and/or debug traces if needed...

Regards,
Peter