Subject: [RFC] Connection oriented routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 10:27:41 +0100

Hi!

I have been deleloping a connection oriented layer 3+4 protocol mostly for
wifi mesh networks. Its main difference is that "tcp" connections are not
end-to-end but between neighboring routers instead.

It runs ane you can test it, if you want, but it is not ready for merging or
actual use yet. Some unfinished tasks include:
- cleanups
- performance: lots of things which can be improved
- keepalive
- interfaces for configuration+statistics
- move to a newer upstream kernel
- I am not sure how some of the in-kernel interfaces work. More specifically,
  I am not sure which "struct proto/proto_ops" functions need to be
  implemented and how ho avoid race conditions when accessing various
  variables. Also, network namespaces are not handled yet either. I will look
  closer into this when the other issues are resolved in order to avoid
  upstream changes breaking it in the mean time.

Website: https://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com/projects/cor/index.html
Kernel repo: https://repo.or.cz/w/cor.git?a=tree
Userspace tools: https://repo.or.cz/w/corutils.git

Please share your thoughts!

	-Michi