Subject: [net 06/11] Revert "net/mlx5e: Block offload of outer header csum for GRE tunnel"

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 16:58:26 -0800

From: Aya Levin <[email-masked]>

This reverts commit 54e1217b90486c94b26f24dcee1ee5ef5372f832.

Although the NIC doesn't support offload of outer header CSUM, using
gso_partial_features allows offloading the tunnel's segmentation. The
driver relies on the stack CSUM calculation of the outer header. For
this, NETIF_F_GSO_GRE_CSUM must be a member of the device's features.

Fixes: 54e1217b9048 ("net/mlx5e: Block offload of outer header csum for GRE tunnel")
Signed-off-by: Aya Levin <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Gal Pressman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_main.c | 9 ++++++---
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_main.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_main.c
index de8acd3217c1..d92b82cdfd4e 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_main.c
@@ -4799,9 +4799,12 @@ static void mlx5e_build_nic_netdev(struct net_device *netdev)
 	}
 
 	if (mlx5e_tunnel_proto_supported_tx(mdev, IPPROTO_GRE)) {
-		netdev->hw_features     |= NETIF_F_GSO_GRE;
-		netdev->hw_enc_features |= NETIF_F_GSO_GRE;
-		netdev->gso_partial_features |= NETIF_F_GSO_GRE;
+		netdev->hw_features     |= NETIF_F_GSO_GRE |
+					   NETIF_F_GSO_GRE_CSUM;
+		netdev->hw_enc_features |= NETIF_F_GSO_GRE |
+					   NETIF_F_GSO_GRE_CSUM;
+		netdev->gso_partial_features |= NETIF_F_GSO_GRE |
+						NETIF_F_GSO_GRE_CSUM;
 	}
 
 	if (mlx5e_tunnel_proto_supported_tx(mdev, IPPROTO_IPIP)) {
-- 
2.33.1