Subject: [PATCH nf-next 0/5] netfilter: conntrack related cleanups

From: Florian Westphal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 05:03:21 +0100

This patch series contains cleanups to conntrack and related
users such as ovs and act_ct.

First patch converts conntrack reference counting to refcount_t api.
Second patch gets rid of ip_ct_attach hook, we can use existing
nf_ct_hook for this.

Third patch constifies a couple of structures that don't need to be
writeable.

Last two patches splits nf_ct_put and nf_conntrack_put.
These functions still do the same thing, but now only nf_conntrack_put
uses the nf_ct_hook indirection, nf_ct_put uses a direct call.
Virtually all places should use nf_ct_put -- only core kernel code
needs to use the indirection.

Before this change, nf_ct_put was merely an alias for nf_conntrack_put
so even conntrack itself did additional indirection.

Florian Westphal (5):
  netfilter: conntrack: convert to refcount_t api
  netfilter: core: move ip_ct_attach indirection to struct nf_ct_hook
  netfilter: make function op structures const
  netfilter: conntrack: avoid useless indirection during conntrack
    destruction
  net: prefer nf_ct_put instead of nf_conntrack_put

 include/linux/netfilter.h                     | 10 ++--
 include/linux/netfilter/nf_conntrack_common.h | 10 ++--
 include/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack.h          |  8 ++-
 net/netfilter/core.c                          | 29 +++++------
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_core.c             | 50 +++++++++----------
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_expect.c           |  4 +-
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_netlink.c          | 10 ++--
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_standalone.c       |  4 +-
 net/netfilter/nf_flow_table_core.c            |  2 +-
 net/netfilter/nf_nat_core.c                   |  2 +-
 net/netfilter/nf_synproxy_core.c              |  1 -
 net/netfilter/nfnetlink_queue.c               |  8 +--
 net/netfilter/nft_ct.c                        |  4 +-
 net/netfilter/xt_CT.c                         |  3 +-
 net/openvswitch/conntrack.c                   | 15 ++++--
 net/sched/act_ct.c                            |  7 ++-
 16 files changed, 84 insertions(+), 83 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1