Subject: [PATCH V2 0/4] vDPA/ifcvf: implement shared IRQ feature

From: Zhu Lingshan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 17:17:40 +0800

It has been observed that on some platforms/devices, there may
not be enough MSI vectors for virtqueues and the config change.
Under such circumstances, the interrupt sources of a device
have to share vectors/IRQs.

This series implemented a shared IRQ feature for ifcvf.

Please help review.

Changes from V1:
(1) Enable config interrupt when only one vector is allocated(Michael)
(2) Clean vectors/IRQs if failed to request config interrupt
since config interrupt is a must(Michael)
(3) Keep local vdpa_ops, disable irq_bypass by setting IRQ = -EINVAL
for shared IRQ case(Michael)
(4) Improvements on error messages(Michael)
(5) Squash functions implementation patches to the callers(Michael)

Zhu Lingshan (4):
  vDPA/ifcvf: implement IO read/write helpers in the header file
  vDPA/ifcvf: implement device MSIX vector allocator
  vhost_vdpa: don't setup irq offloading when irq_num < 0
  vDPA/ifcvf: implement shared IRQ feature

 drivers/vdpa/ifcvf/ifcvf_base.c |  67 +++------
 drivers/vdpa/ifcvf/ifcvf_base.h |  60 +++++++-
 drivers/vdpa/ifcvf/ifcvf_main.c | 254 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 drivers/vhost/vdpa.c            |   3 +
 4 files changed, 305 insertions(+), 79 deletions(-)

-- 
2.27.0