Subject: [PATCH V3 0/4] vDPA/ifcvf: implement shared IRQ feature

From: Zhu Lingshan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 20:49:08 +0800

It has been observed that on some platforms/devices, there may
not be enough MSI vectors for virtqueues and the config change.
Under such circumstances, the interrupt sources of a device
have to share vectors/IRQs.

This series implemented a shared IRQ feature for ifcvf.

Please help review.

Changes from V2:
(1) Fix misuse of nvectors(in ifcvf_alloc_vectors return value)(Michael)
(2) Fix misuse of irq = get_vq_irq() in setup irqbypass(Michael)
(3) Coding style improvements(Michael)
(4) Better naming of device shared irq/shared vq irq

Changes from V1:
(1) Enable config interrupt when only one vector is allocated(Michael)
(2) Clean vectors/IRQs if failed to request config interrupt
since config interrupt is a must(Michael)
(3) Keep local vdpa_ops, disable irq_bypass by setting IRQ = -EINVAL
for shared IRQ case(Michael)
(4) Improvements on error messages(Michael)
(5) Squash functions implementation patches to the callers(Michael)

Zhu Lingshan (4):
  vDPA/ifcvf: implement IO read/write helpers in the header file
  vDPA/ifcvf: implement device MSIX vector allocator
  vhost_vdpa: don't setup irq offloading when irq_num < 0
  vDPA/ifcvf: implement shared IRQ feature

 drivers/vdpa/ifcvf/ifcvf_base.c |  67 +++-----
 drivers/vdpa/ifcvf/ifcvf_base.h |  60 +++++++-
 drivers/vdpa/ifcvf/ifcvf_main.c | 260 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 drivers/vhost/vdpa.c            |   4 +
 4 files changed, 312 insertions(+), 79 deletions(-)

-- 
2.27.0