Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] ethtool: add header/data split indication

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 10:42:58 -0800

TCP ZC Rx requires data to be placed neatly into pages, separate
from the networking headers. This is not supported by most devices
so to make deployment easy this set adds a way for the driver to
report support for this feature thru ethtool.

The larger scope of configuring splitting headers and data, or DMA
scatter seems dauntingly broad, so this set focuses specifically
on the question "is this device usable with TCP ZC Rx?".

The aim is to avoid a litany of conditions on HW platforms, features,
and firmware versions in orchestration systems when the drivers can
easily tell their SG config.

Jakub Kicinski (2):
  ethtool: add header/data split indication
  bnxt: report header-data split state

 Documentation/networking/ethtool-netlink.rst      |  8 ++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_ethtool.c |  3 +++
 include/linux/ethtool.h                           |  2 ++
 include/uapi/linux/ethtool_netlink.h              |  7 +++++++
 net/ethtool/rings.c                               | 15 ++++++++++-----
 5 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1