Subject: [PATCH net-next v6 0/2] MCTP I2C driver

From: Matt Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 13:51:04 +0800

This patch series adds a netdev driver providing MCTP transport over
I2C. 

I think I've addressed all the points raised in v5. It now has
mctp_i2c_unregister() to run things in the correct order, waiting for
the worker thread and I2C rx to complete.

Cheers,
Matt

--

v6:
 - Changed netdev register/unregister/free to avoid races. Ensure that
   netif functions are not used by irq handler/threads after unregister.
 - Fix incoming I2C hwaddr that was previously incorrect (left 
   shifted 1 bit)
 - Add a check that byte_count wire header matches the length received
 - Renamed I2C driver to mctp-i2c-interface
 - Removed __func__ from print messages, added missing newlines
 - Removed sysfs mctp_current_mux file which was used for debug
 - Renamed curr_lock to sel_lock
 - Tidied comment formatting
 - Fix newline in Kconfig
v5:
 - Fix incorrect format string
v4:
 - Switch to __i2c_transfer() rather than __i2c_smbus_xfer(), drop 255 byte
   smbus patches
 - Use wait_event_idle() for the sleeping TX thread
 - Use dev_addr_set()
v3:
 - Added Reviewed-bys for npcm7xx
 - Resend with net-next open
v2:
 - Simpler Kconfig condition for i2c-mux dependency, from Randy Dunlap

Matt Johnston (2):
  dt-bindings: net: New binding mctp-i2c-controller
  mctp i2c: MCTP I2C binding driver

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/i2c.txt |    4 +
 .../bindings/net/mctp-i2c-controller.yaml     |   92 ++
 drivers/net/mctp/Kconfig                      |   12 +
 drivers/net/mctp/Makefile                     |    1 +
 drivers/net/mctp/mctp-i2c.c                   | 1081 +++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 1190 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/mctp-i2c-controller.yaml
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/mctp/mctp-i2c.c

-- 
2.32.0