Subject: Re: [RFC 10/10] net: sfp: add support for fwnode

From: Clément Léger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:25:13 +0100

Le Mon, 21 Feb 2022 19:57:39 +0200,
Andy Shevchenko <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 05:26:52PM +0100, Clément Léger wrote:
> > Add support to retrieve a i2c bus in sfp with a fwnode. This support
> > is using the fwnode API which also works with device-tree and ACPI.
> > For this purpose, the device-tree and ACPI code handling the i2c
> > adapter retrieval was factorized with the new code. This also allows
> > i2c devices using a software_node description to be used by sfp code.  
> 
> If I'm not mistaken this patch can even go separately right now, since all used
> APIs are already available.
> 

This patches uses fwnode_find_i2c_adapter_by_node() which is introduced
by "i2c: fwnode: add fwnode_find_i2c_adapter_by_node()" but they can
probably be contributed both in a separate series.

-- 
Clément Léger,
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineer at Bootlin
https://bootlin.com