Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 00/11] mlxsw: extend line card model by devices and info

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:00:21 -0700

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 06:44:20 +0300 Ido Schimmel wrote:
> This patchset is extending the line card model by three items:
> 1) line card devices
> 2) line card info
> 3) line card device info
> 
> First three patches are introducing the necessary changes in devlink
> core.
> 
> Then, all three extensions are implemented in mlxsw alongside with
> selftest.

:/ what is a line card device? You must provide document what you're
doing, this:

 .../networking/devlink/devlink-linecard.rst   |   4 +

is not enough.

How many operations and attributes are you going to copy&paste?

Is linking devlink instances into a hierarchy a better approach?

Would you mind if I revert this? I don't understand why the line card
patches are applied in 6h on Sunday night, especially that RFCv1 had
quite a long discussion. But really any uAPI additions should warrant
longer review time, IMHO.