Subject: [PATCH net-next 00/14] remove copies of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 08:40:57 -0700

netif_napi_add() takes weight as the last argument. The value of
that parameter is hard to come up with and depends on many factors,
so driver authors are encouraged to use NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT.

We should probably move weight to an "advanced" version of the API
(__netif_napi_add()?) and simplify the life of most driver authors.

In preparation for such API changes this series removes local
defines equivalent to NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT from drivers, so that a simple
coccinelle / spatch script does not get thrown off by them.

Jakub Kicinski (14):
  eth: remove copies of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define
  eth: remove NAPI_WEIGHT defines
  eth: cpsw: remove a copy of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define
  eth: pch_gbe: remove a copy of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define
  eth: mtk_eth_soc: remove a copy of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define
  usb: lan78xx: remove a copy of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define
  slic: remove a copy of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define
  eth: bgnet: remove a copy of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define
  eth: atlantic: remove a copy of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define
  eth: benet: remove a copy of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define
  eth: gfar: remove a copy of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define
  eth: vxge: remove a copy of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define
  eth: spider: remove a copy of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define
  eth: velocity: remove a copy of the NAPI_POLL_WEIGHT define

 drivers/net/ethernet/alacritech/slic.h               |  2 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/alacritech/slicoss.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/aquantia/atlantic/aq_cfg.h      |  2 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/aquantia/atlantic/aq_ptp.c      |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/aquantia/atlantic/aq_vec.c      |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bgmac.c                |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bgmac.h                |  2 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/cortina/gemini.c                |  4 +---
 drivers/net/ethernet/emulex/benet/be.h               |  3 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/emulex/benet/be_main.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/gianfar.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/gianfar.h             |  3 ---
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/skge.c                  |  3 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/sky2.c                  |  3 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.c          |  4 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.h          |  1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_star_emac.c        |  3 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/neterion/vxge/vxge-main.c       |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/neterion/vxge/vxge-main.h       |  2 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/oki-semi/pch_gbe/pch_gbe_main.c | 12 +++++-------
 drivers/net/ethernet/smsc/smsc9420.c                 |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/smsc/smsc9420.h                 |  1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw.c                       |  4 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw_new.c                   |  4 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw_priv.c                  | 12 ++++++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw_priv.h                  |  1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_emac.c               |  3 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/netcp_core.c                 |  5 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/spider_net.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/spider_net.h            |  1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/via/via-velocity.c              |  3 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/via/via-velocity.h              |  1 -
 drivers/net/usb/lan78xx.c                            |  4 +---
 drivers/net/xen-netback/interface.c                  |  3 +--
 drivers/staging/unisys/visornic/visornic_main.c      |  4 ++--
 35 files changed, 39 insertions(+), 69 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1