Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v4 06/12] net: dsa: rzn1-a5psw: add Renesas RZ/N1 advanced 5 port switch driver

From: Clément Léger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 16:03:53 +0200

Le Wed, 11 May 2022 12:36:38 +0300,
Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 10:34:58AM +0200, Clément Léger wrote:
> > > By the way, does this switch pass
> > > tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/dsa/no_forwarding.sh?  
> > 
> > Unfortunately, the board I have only has 2 ports availables and thus, I
> > can only test one bridge or two separated ports at a time... I *should*
> > receive a 4 ports one in a near future but that not yet sure.  
> 
> 2 switch ports or 2 ports in total? h1 and h2 can be non-switch ports
> (should work with USB-Ethernet adapters etc).

Ok, I finally got the tests running. They seems to work for the
standalone variant.

TEST: Standalone switch ports: Unicast non-IP untagged              [ OK ]
TEST: Standalone switch ports: Multicast non-IP untagged            [ OK ]
TEST: Standalone switch ports: Broadcast non-IP untagged            [ OK ]
TEST: Standalone switch ports: Unicast IPv4 untagged                [ OK ]
TEST: Standalone switch ports: Multicast IPv4 untagged              [ OK ]
TEST: Standalone switch ports: Unicast IPv6 untagged                [ OK ]
TEST: Standalone switch ports: Multicast IPv6 untagged              [ OK ]

I disabled tests two_bridges and one_bridge_two_pvids since the
switch driver does only support 1 bridge and do not have vlan support
yet.

I also ran ./test_bridge_fdb_stress.sh which did reveal some sleep in
spin_lock() issue due to poll_io_timeout() being used. I switch the FDB
lock to use a mutex instead of a spinlock.

-- 
Clément Léger,
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineer at Bootlin
https://bootlin.com