Subject: [PATCH AUTOSEL 5.18 047/159] ath9k: fix QCA9561 PA bias level

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 09:22:32 -0400

From: Thibaut VARÈNE <[email-masked]>

[ Upstream commit e999a5da28a0e0f7de242d841ef7d5e48f4646ae ]

This patch fixes an invalid TX PA DC bias level on QCA9561, which
results in a very low output power and very low throughput as devices
are further away from the AP (compared to other 2.4GHz APs).

This patch was suggested by Felix Fietkau, who noted[1]:
"The value written to that register is wrong, because while the mask
definition AR_CH0_TOP2_XPABIASLVL uses a different value for 9561, the
shift definition AR_CH0_TOP2_XPABIASLVL_S is hardcoded to 12, which is
wrong for 9561."

In real life testing, without this patch the 2.4GHz throughput on
Yuncore XD3200 is around 10Mbps sitting next to the AP, and closer to
practical maximum with the patch applied.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]

Signed-off-by: Thibaut VARÈNE <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Felix Fietkau <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
Signed-off-by: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_phy.h | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_phy.h b/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_phy.h
index a171dbb29fbb..ad949eb02f3d 100644
--- a/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_phy.h
+++ b/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_phy.h
@@ -720,7 +720,7 @@
 #define AR_CH0_TOP2		(AR_SREV_9300(ah) ? 0x1628c : \
 					(AR_SREV_9462(ah) ? 0x16290 : 0x16284))
 #define AR_CH0_TOP2_XPABIASLVL		(AR_SREV_9561(ah) ? 0x1e00 : 0xf000)
-#define AR_CH0_TOP2_XPABIASLVL_S	12
+#define AR_CH0_TOP2_XPABIASLVL_S	(AR_SREV_9561(ah) ? 9 : 12)
 
 #define AR_CH0_XTAL		(AR_SREV_9300(ah) ? 0x16294 : \
 				 ((AR_SREV_9462(ah) || AR_SREV_9565(ah)) ? 0x16298 : \
-- 
2.35.1