Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 02/15] net: phylink: add phylink_pcs_inband()

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 22:46:52 -0700

On Mon, 13 Jun 2022 14:00:31 +0100 Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> +	if (phylink_autoneg_inband(mode) &&
> +	    (interface == PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_SGMII ||
> +	     interface == PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_QSGMII ||
> +	     linkmode_test_bit(ETHTOOL_LINK_MODE_Autoneg_BIT, advertising)))
> +		return true;
> +	else
> +		return false;

Okay, let me be a little annoying...

Could you run thru checkpatch --strict and fix the few whitespace
issues it points out? There's a handful of spaces instead of tabs,
unaligned continuation lines and an unnecessary bracket.

Patch 1 does not need to be backported so I presume it can lose the
fixes tag?

The quoted code can be converted into a direct return of the condition,
I don't really care but I think there are bots out there which will
send a "fix" soon if we commit this.

And patch 10 generates a transient "function should be static" warning.
I think you need a __maybe_unused on mv88e6xxx_pcs_select() as well.