Subject: [PATCH net-next v1 0/3] add framework for selftests in devlink

From: Vikas Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 22:12:38 +0530

Hi,
  This patchset adds support for selftests in the devlink framework.
  It adds a callback .selftests_show and .selftests_run in devlink_ops. 
  User can provide test(s) suite as a testmask and subsequently it is passed 
  to the driver which can opt for running particular tests based on
  its capabilities.

  Patchset adds a flash based test for the bnxt_en driver.

  Suggested commands at user level would be as below:

   $ devlink dev selftests run pci/0000:03:00.0 test flash
     results:
        flash test :  failed

    $ devlink dev selftests show pci/0000:03:00.0
    device suuports:
        flash test

Thanks,
Vikas

Vikas Gupta (3):
  devlink: introduce framework for selftests
  bnxt_en: refactor NVM APIs
  bnxt_en: implement callbacks for devlink selftests

 .../networking/devlink/devlink-selftests.rst  |  39 +++++
 .../net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_devlink.c |  66 ++++++++
 .../net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_ethtool.c |  24 +--
 .../net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_ethtool.h |  12 ++
 include/net/devlink.h                         |  40 +++++
 include/uapi/linux/devlink.h                  |  24 +++
 net/core/devlink.c                            | 147 ++++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 340 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/networking/devlink/devlink-selftests.rst

-- 
2.31.1