Subject: Re: [PATCH V2 vfio 05/11] vfio: Add an IOVA bitmap support

From: Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 19:46:35 -0300

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 04:30:10PM -0600, Alex Williamson wrote:

> > Signed-off-by: Joao Martins <[email-masked]>
> > Signed-off-by: Yishai Hadas <[email-masked]>
> > ---
> >  drivers/vfio/Makefile       |   6 +-
> >  drivers/vfio/iova_bitmap.c  | 164 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >  include/linux/iova_bitmap.h |  46 ++++++++++
> 
> I'm still working my way through the guts of this, but why is it being
> proposed within the vfio driver when this is not at all vfio specific,
> proposes it's own separate header, and doesn't conform with any of the
> namespace conventions of being a sub-component of vfio?  Is this
> ultimately meant for lib/ or perhaps an extension of iova.c within the
> iommu subsystem?  Thanks,

I am expecting when iommufd dirty tracking comes we will move this
file into drivers/iommu/iommufd/ and it will provide it. So it was
written to make that a simple rename vs changing everything.

Until we have that, this seems like the best place for it

Jason