Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 01/11] tls: rx: allow only one reader at a time

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 09:59:36 -0700

On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 10:37:02 +0200 Eric Dumazet wrote:
> > +               if (!timeo)
> > +                       return -EAGAIN;  
> 
> We return with socket lock held, and callers seem to not release the lock.
>  
> > +               if (signal_pending(current))
> > +                       return sock_intr_errno(timeo);  
> 
> same here.

Thanks a lot for catching these.
 
> Let's wait for syzbot to catch up :)

I'll send the fixes later today. This is just a passing comment, right?
There isn't a report you know is coming? Otherwise I can wait to give
syzbot credit, too.

I have two additional questions while I have you :)

Is the timeo supposed to be for the entire operation? Right now TLS
seems to use a fresh timeo every time it goes to wait so the cumulative
wait can be much longer, as long as some data keeps coming in :/

Last one - I posted a bit of a disemboweling patch for TCP, LMK if it's
no bueno:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/